Sunday 26 April 2009

First ident

Before I started animating I analysed my storyboard for this ident. I needed to know what exactly I had to do, how much long this ident should be and so on. It is important to do this before you start animating. With the plan I could finish my work faster and more precisely.

I started my work from character animation. Usually, in the first place, you need to built the scene, but this time it was better to start from animation. Thanks to it, later I could add camera and “computer” everywhere I wanted. I started from “walking” animation


These green boxes are the “dummy” objects. I used them to manipulate Dino’s body. Firstly I started my animation from legs. Then I was working on Dino’s feet. I paid special attention to the speed. Dino is taking 5 steps in less than 3 seconds, which is the right speed as for walking.
After finishing the animation above, I animated arms, head and tail. The last thing to work on were eyes. Antennaes were animated by using the “flex” modiffier
After that I added the rest of the elements to the scene (camera and computer). I knew exactly where Dino would stop walking so I could suit the camera and computer perfectly.
When I added the computer I started animating Dino. Here he pulls the knurl, and after a short time looks up.
(this is a try animation with full walking)

After that I added some light with shadow, background, Dino’s dress and CA logo. The dress was animated by the use of “cloth” modiffier tools. I used “blend” modiffier to animate the cartoon network logo.
And here is my final ident with sound. I am not satisfied with the sound effects but it was hard to find really intersting and cartoonish sounds. So I decided to use only those sounds which suit to the animation (I could not find a good sound of walking for this ident so I decided not to use any)

No comments: