Sunday 26 April 2009

third ident

This one was probably the hardest one from all of them. It was a great fun to make it. I wanted this time to make a short ident with action sequence. The idea was to do sth different. Cartoon Network is showing very popular Clone Wars series. Like every commercial channel they advertise their programs and in the same time advertise the channel. I decided to do sth like that. I have chosen the “Clone Wars” series because I thought this would suit to the Dino character.

I started from droids. I have chosen the very famous Star Wars droid (which also appears in Clone Wars). The droid that I produced had to be similar to the oryginal one. It would take me a lot of time to design exactly the same droid. So in very short piece of time I designed a similar one.


I started my animation from the droids. Firstly I animated walking. Because in this job animation was quite basic, I decided to use IK solver again. Then I animated my Dino character (to make the lightsaber I used cylinder with glow option).
I used another trick here which is worth to be mentioned. I wanted one of the droids to be sliced into two parts. I used a very old but good trick to do that. Problem was I could not simply cut the same model that was animated and devide it into two parts. In frame 27 (because in this frame the droids are just to be cut off) I selected one droid and made a copy of it. The copy vesrsion of the droid was later converted into Edit Mesh. After that I devided the model into two parts. Later I removed that model of the camera range. In frame 27 I simply replaced the animated droid with the cloned one. Of course, the clone was later animated (these two parts were animated to fall down) . The switch takes only 1 frame (from frame 26 to 27) so it is imposible to see difference even in slow motion


frame26 frame27

Here is my final ident with sound.

No comments: