Sunday 26 April 2009

Second ident

I started my work exactly the same way as with the previous one. After I planned everything including time lengh of animation and so on, I started working on animating of character and sceneAccording to the storyboard I knew that my character would stay in the same place from the beginning to the end. So this time I could put camera to the scene


For this ident I just animated the main dummy object, arms and all head. As previously I tried to keep realistic speed. But at the end I decided to slow it down a little bit. This time I used IK solver for the arms (I did not use IK solver for the arms in the first and third idents) Actually I always try to avoid using IK solver becuase I am never satisfied with the final results. However, this time IK solver was the tool that could help me to finish this ident faster and easier. The baseball stick was linked to the left hand. The right arm was animated seperately by IK solver as well.



There is one trick I have done for this ident. I wanted to create an illusion that the ball really hits the camera. So I decided to render one totaly black frame in 3ds max. I did not see any reason for editing the ident later with different software (like Ulead Studio) if this could be done quite easy in 3ds max. I created a plane in front of the camera, and I set the plane to be invisible. In frame 120 the ball hits th camera, so the plane in frame 120 is visible and one frame later (121) is invisible again. Thanks to this I created illusion that the ball really strikes the camera. After that the camera is falling down where the CA logo appears.

At the end I added (as last time) some light, shadow and the rest of the scene elements. The dress was animated the same way as last time.I also tried to put interesting sounds effects. I am not satisfied with the sound effects, but again it was hard to find any interesting sounds.

No comments: